A work colleague said that their day was made better by small things. As I sat – sans webcam – listening, I smiled, as being at home I’d taken the opportunity to not just getting the washing on, but to slip into something more comfortable 🙂
The conversation moved on and when the remote meeting was done,I thought back to their comment. What are my little moments?
- Finding a small pocket of time in which I find I don’t have to be rushing. No need to be doing, going, or making. Instead, I can pause to watch the world go by.
- In some seasons, the sunshine shining through the leaves overhead.
- In winter, slipping on gloves that have been warmed on the heater.
- Opening a new pack of tights, easing then on, and sliding my feet into my heels.
- The unbridled joy of the Ever Lovely Mrs J’s laugh at a joke shared.
- The sound of one of our dogs woofing gently in their sleep.
- A cool shower on a hot day and a hot shower on a cold day. Luxury.
- When I wear a new shirt and it makes me feel good about myself as a guy.
- When I find a little gift I know someone would like.
- When I get my lippy just right.
- Running a trans workshop and seeing people ‘get it’.
I’m sure there are more if I think about it, but what about you, dear reader?
PS: That last point about a workshop, the nice feeling you get when you see the payment clear into the group’s bank account. 😉