How’re things? Things have improved here on Planet Jones. The Big Project – so big it gets to have caps at the front of it – is settling down and therefore, I can relax a little. Various elements are dropping into place and the once impossible task, is looking more and more likely. Fingers crossed eh? 🙂 The Ever Lovely Mrs Jones is happier too – despite being ill again (bless her) – so really, nothing to complain about. Yay. Note to Fates: that’s not a reason to send me anything! 🙂
It’s only midweek as I write this and other than the above, I’ve two other reasons to be thankful. Firstly, Mrs. J and I ordered some shoes (Ladies shoes in 8 and upwards…. ) which arrived today. The pink satin peep-toe ones will have to go back, which while they are gorge, my toes tip out of the end. Not a good look really. As to the others, well, the north face of the Eiger meets Jimmy Choo, but at 4 quid – yes, 4 quid in the sale – you can’t go wrong really. You could spend half of that just parking in town. Photos will follow once I get a chance to put an outfit together.
How things change eh? A few years ago – and this’ll sound a bit odd – I’d look in catalogs or on-line and think I’d never be able to order stuff for home. Mrs J also joked: “If I hear a thump from upstairs, I’ll call you a doctor.” 🙂
The other thing was Stace – she of Musings of an (I)Tgirl fame – was kind enough to bestow the Beautiful Blogger Award. Shucks, thanks Mrs! This was most unexpected and really did put a spring in my step. Luckily I wasn’t wearing the new heels at the time, otherwise, I may have been typing this from our local surgery 🙂
Anyways, other than a posh badge to pop in your post, there are some rules attached to this. There’s always a catch eh? 🙂 Apparently, you have to list 7 things about yourself. Crikey, after flogging the keyboard over the last few years, I’m wondering if there’s anything left 🙂 Okay… ponder, ponder, ponder… Rats, 7 interesting things. That’s going to push the envelope. 🙂
- I used to be a biker, but after Wee Man started school, it just wasn’t practical. Sometimes I miss the feeling of the wind against me, but with the snow & rain of late, I’ve rather enjoyed having a car. There’s more queuing, but I’m warmer and I find it easier to listen to music.
- Talking of which, I love music. Strangely, I don’t go to concerts much. There’s a cliche of ‘the soundtrack to your life’ but there’s an element of truth to that. I find lyrics get into my head and I often find myself wondering what the writer was trying to get across.
- I completed the NaNoWriMo challenge last year. This was to write a novella of 50,000 words in a month. While it wasn’t quality literature, I think the point of it was to show yourself it can be done. Will I write a book one day? Who can say. 50k words would be a short novel, but I think it shows that it is doable.
- I like baking cookies. Not so good for the waistline, but good for the soul.
- The name Lynn comes from an old on-line name of ‘Lin’. The latter I used… blimey… probably 15 years ago. I picked it as it was short and here-nor-there from a male/female point of view. No, it doesn’t mean ‘line in’ or other suck geekery 🙂
- Ahh… geekery 🙂 A few years ago, there was a rush of Open Source products prefixed with ‘Yet Another…’. This was at the time I was starting to think about blogging. Ironically, I don’t have a lot to do with Open Source (although to me, software’s software. If it works well, that’s fine by me). Did I think this little blog would amount to much? No, not really and I don’t say that with any false modesty. It’s a blog, sometimes it’s about just me, sometimes it’s about others, but it is, yet another t-girl blog. There are lots of us out there and I think that’s a good thing. I hope that it makes trans-whatever seem less unusual.
- I enjoy old architecture – particularly old buildings, bridges or suchlike. I think it’s looking at how they’ve changed through time, or indeed, how things have changed around them. I think that’s one of the greatest things about the London Underground; the small gems of past that pop through the modern. This also spills over into Urban Ex, but I’m very armchair in that regard.
- So there are seven factettes. Now it’s on to the roll-call! I guess it would be the Magnificent Seven, but a few folks have already been given the JPEG of honour 🙂 That rules out Jess, Stace, and Petra right off the bat. Right, in alphabetical order – (Ed: you may perform a drum roll if you like. 🙂
- Becky – gone but not forgotten. Back in the day, reading her and Jo’s sites helped me.
- Emma – a lovely local girl who’s blog of her life is very interesting.
- Gabrielle – a good friend and someone who puts others first.
- Helena – her photos of London & nights out are fascinating. The trans ones are good too 🙂
Seven lucky people. Now I feel bad for not linking to the other good people off my blog roll. Many of the above are on there because we talk off-line and that there blogs are updated relatively frequently. I can’t nominate Sophie either, ‘cos she doesn’t have a blog. Hint hint :PRighto. That’s me done for another week. I hope things go well and see you next time!
[ Today’s lyric: Stronger by the Sugababes ]