Friday rolls around again huh? You’ll have to make do with a scheduled post from me this week as the Jones Crew are off on a summer holiday (Ed: cue Cliff!). I wonder if we’re having a nice time? I hope so! 😀
Anyhoo, here’s the music quiz from last week. It’s not exactly high brow, but then what did you expect from a blog that quotes pop songs week after week? 🙂 There’s no prizes although if you want to add a bit of tension, I’m sure there’s a WAV for Who Wants to Be A Millionaire on t’interweb you could use.
- Louis Armstrong’s Wonderful World appeared in which famous film about Vietnam?
A) Platoon B) Good Morning Vietnam C) Full Metal Jacket
- Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend was featured in which 50s film?
A) Some Like It Hot B) Gentlemen Prefer Blondes C) The Seven Year Itch
- Who didn’t record ‘Mrs Robinson’?
A) Simon & Garfunkle B) The Lemonheads C) The Cars
- Abba’s Mamma Mia. Who links the film of the same name with The Devil Wears Prada?
A) Colin Firth B) Meryl Streep C) Julie Walters
- Who sang the original ‘Car Wash’?
A) Rose Royce B) Rose Tyler C) Rose Bud
- What is the name of Dolly Parton’s theme park?
No hints for this one! 😀
- Who sang ‘Footloose’?
A) Kenny Rogers B) Kenny Loggins C) Kenny Dalglish
- Which 90s ‘creature feature’ had a giant lizard destroying New York?
A) Cloverfield B) My Kinda Town C) Godzilla
- Which famous 80s film had “I’ve Had the Time of My Life” in its soundtrack?
A) FootlooseB) Back to the Future C) Dirty Dancing
- Girls Aloud said ‘Jump!’ but who did the original?
A) Sister Sledge B) Pointer Sisters C) Sister Soulja
- Which 90s action movie featuring Nick Cage features the song ‘Sweet Home Alabama’?
A) Con Air B) Mach 1 C) Snakes on a Plane!
- Chris Penn was in Reservoir Dogs as Nice Guy Eddie. In which 80s film about dancing did he play a teenager who couldn’t dance?
A) Footloose B) Weird Science C) Back to the Future
- Video Killed the Radio star, but who sung the original?
A) Muggles B) BugglesC) Cuddles
- Which computer animated film featured the track “I’m A Believer” during the karoke party?
A) Shrek B) Tron C) Finding Nemo
- The Ramones cover of ‘Wonderful World’ was used in which Michael Moore movie?
A) Bowling for Soup B) Bowling for Columbine C) Bowling for Columbia
- ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ featured as the title track for a James Bond film. Who played Bond?
A) Sean Connery B) Timothy Dalton C) Roger Moore
So that’s your lot. Good luck and see you in 2 weeks!
[ Today’s lyric: Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard ]