I hope you’ve had a good Christmas and maybe you got (or gave!) some cool presents. Have you managed to polish off the remains of the left-overs and the metric tonne of chocolates? I think we may have had our first proper dinner today. Okay, it was homemade pizza, but at least it wasn’t turkey sarnies. That was tea 😉
With this somewhat funny time between Christmas and New Year, I thought I’d take this time to spread a bit of nice news. In previous years I’ve been running a Happiness Jar, and for those who missed this last time, everytime something good happens, I’d pop a PostIt into the jar and count them up at the end of the year.
This year, I’ve replaced that with a journal app – always embracing the new here at Jones Towers 😉 – and I’ve been trying to take note of at least three good things a day. Usually, the app pops a reminder up about 9PM, so I’ve the time to write something, and it’s not quite late enough that my brain has packed up for the night. 🙂 There’s even an option to clip some photos into the entry, so family things or whatnot can easily be included.
Take today, for example, my computer – which I bought in the summer – has died a death. But, the good news from this is that A) the kids’ PC downstairs can now have extra RAM and storage (which makes them happy), B) I’ve cobbled together an old PC that still works (hence this post being a day late), and C) I can still carry on gaming using the XBox I bought for my birthday. So, some loss, but more gains, I think.
Does the above spill over to my t-side? Well, not always, I am aware of certain trigger points (hairstyles, some social occasions, and the sound of shoes), but mostly it’s okay. Feel free to mock gently with the line it’s okay, except when it isn’t. It’s fine if you want to 🙂 But one thing I seem to be more okay with, is not hitting myself over the head with the Passing Stick. No, it’s not something from Harry Potter, I’m sure JKR would have had a much more delightful word for it. 🙂 I’m not saying I pass, I’m really not saying that. What I am saying is I think I’m mostly okay with how I look, and should I see a trans person who looks great – be that in the real world or the less-real on-line space – I am happy for them. There’s no room for jealousy or self-doubt. Well, except on fat days, but we all have them right? 🙂
All the above aside, I would like to say a few things in terms of thanks:
- …to allies and organisations who get in touch to learn more about how to support trans people.
- …to my kids who amaze me as they grow and change.
- …to my partner(s) in crime in capturing the fashion moments on camera.
- …to someone who said “…treasure that photo of you in Leicester. You look so natural.”
- …to someone who said I cheer her up and make her laugh.
- …to the makeup lady who treated me just like any other customer and helped me pick the right item. Not just for me, but for the Ever Lovely Mrs J.
- …to the special lady in my life who supports and loves all of who I am.
- …to those of you who blog and share with the rest of us trans folk.
- …to those of you who read and comment on this little blog of mine.
- …to those of you who share in my ups and downs, and share your views.
- …to those of you who share my blog (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13)
- …to those who draw on their courage to walk into Chameleons for the first time.
- …to those who make the effort to organise, sort the funds, get the milk, run discussions, and volunteer.
- …to those who post on the Chameleons forum and keep it ticking over.
- …to those who welcome new folk to Chameleons.
- …to vendors who visit and don’t treat as income, but as valued clients.
|Bonus points if you spot the go-to pose|
I’m not going to name names because not everyone likes that. However, for those of you who’ve been longtime readers, you may know who I’m talking about. Sssh! Spoilers!! 🙂
So, this will be the last post for this year, and I’m going to wish you lots of luck for the future. Let’s hope it’s a good one.
I’ll stand by the snap from the slimming group’s poster at the Centre: there are no strangers, only friends you’ve yet to meet. Perhaps that should be the group’s new slogan. Well, subject to copyright. 🙂
Take care & thanks for reading,